FIGHT YOUR DOUBTS
He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your minds?
It was quite absurd when Our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead and saw those that had walked closely with him during His Earthly Ministry unprepared for His Resurrection.
They were troubled to see him and doubted as if it were a scene in Hollywood.
How could they have doubted and be troubled at His sight? It is simply because of unbelief as a result of limited knowledge of the true personality of Jesus and the absence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the Disciples.
You would wonder how they walked with the Master listening to His sermons, saw the unprecedented miracles of healing, deliverance, and witnessed Lazarus returned from death. They prayed with Him at the Mount and observed the transfiguration with the Law ( Moses) and the Prophet ( Elijah), yet they doubted although, Jesus Christ told them of the event before it happened.
I do not know the number of readers of today’s devotional that will identify with the scenario stated above.
How you have doubts over what the Lord has said to you, either directly or via His Word or through His Minister?. Your mind is troubled over a matter, situation, or scenario and you cannot come to terms with the Word of God. Maybe you see God incapable of handling it or He just might not come to you as early enough as you desire?
The Holy Spirit helps us to understand and believe the Word of God either Rhema or Logos.[ Rhema: The Word of God revealed to the individual personally, while Logos is the written Word of God to everyone].
The Word of the Lord ( The Holy Bible) helps in the building of the total man spirit, soul, and body enabling the Believer to confront and subdue any challenge that will ever arise in any sphere of our existence.
We see that as the Disciples received the infilling of the Holy Spirit as recorded in the first chapters of the Book of Acts, every form of doubt was swallowed by the Revelation of the personality of Jesus and they became proof producers, walking as saviors wherever they were found.
Beloved as we daily Learn and Meditate on the Word of Life, yielding to the Leading of the Holy Spirit for direction, defense, empowerment, encouragement, and strength, we would simply watch every root of doubt that intends to trouble us being uprooted by the Light of God’s Word indwelling our spirit.
Our Lord Jesus asked the Disciples in amazement “why do doubts arise in your minds”? This invariably implies that there is no reason to allow doubt in their mind in the Presence of Light. The Light in Jesus offers us enabling might to shatter doubt.
Let’s allow the Holy Spirit to lead us to live lives of Dominion.
Father in the name of Jesus shines the light of your Word into me to shatter every root of doubt in my life by the Holy Ghost, Amen.
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER
“Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Psalm 105:4”
To seek means to carefully sought after something in desperation. Here, David the King gave a great wise counsel to all men “SEEK THE LORD AND HIS STRENGTH”.
In, Psalm 27:4 ” one thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I SEEK after, all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple”. David, is a man that seeks to Know God and to please Him, his ways, Pant after (Hunger and thirst) after him, he is among the generation of those that seek the Lord.
Beloved, I want you to ask yourself these questions this morning
- Are you seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness first, is God your priority in life; if not then there is a problem. Matt 6:33
- Do you seek God occasionally, are you one of those that seek Him when there is a problem or when you are happy?
- Do you seek His face or His hand, do you belong to the generation of Jesus the Baker (are you a miracle seeker, be careful, because you soon be misled and lead you to hell)?
- Do you seek His wisdom or the wisdom or counsel of men?
- Do you seek your own and not the things which are Jesus Christ? Phil 2:21. Do you seek the good of your neighbors? I Cor. 10:24?
- Are you seeking those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God? Beloved, if only what you seek is of this world, let it be known unto you that one day, your hope shall be dashed, and you might end up in hell?
- Do you seek the favor of men or of God, do you seek to please men rather than God. Gal 1:10?
- Are you diligently seeking the ultimate rewarder in faith or in worry, anxiety, doubt, murmuring? Heb 11:6?
- Do you earnestly seek and sought after a country or Kingdom whose maker is God, a city prepare for those that fear Him, walk-in righteousness and holiness, and that God is not ashamed to be called their God? Heb 11:13-16
- Do you seek or pursue after God or mammon (the god of this age)?
- Do you seek those things that are temporal, perishable, vanity, or seek after eternity with Christ in the heavenly places?
- Do you earnestly pray for revival, the salvation of those that are not saved?
- Do you seek Christ and Him crucified alone or other things? Matt 28:5, 1 Cor. 2:5
- Do you as a Christian seek and pursue the worldly things like the Gentiles. Matt 6:32
- Do you seek salvation, deliverance, healing, financial breakthrough or marital testimony, etc else well; know it can only be found in Jesus. In Him, all things consist. Act 4:12, Col 1:15- 19
Beloved, do not read this message and push it aside, but seek the Lord when He may be found; if you seek Him, you shall find Him, knock and it shall be open unto you, ask and it shall be given unto you.
He is beside you not far; if you cry out to Him today He will show up in your life, situations and you shall rejoice.
If you have not yet accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, you can do that now, by repenting from all your sins, confess Him as your Lord and Savior. God bless you in Jesus’ name.
- PRAY THESE PRAYERS
- Lord Jesus, help me to seek you with the whole of my heart in Jesus’s name.
- Lord, Jesus help me to find you and to dwell in your presence in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, help me to seek my affections on things above in the name of Jesus.
Remain to bless in him
“Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Psalm 103:20”
A songwriter says. “It is good to praise the Lord….. to proclaim His love in the morning and His faithfulness at night. O, it is good, to worship and praise the Lord”.
The Angel’s too worshipped and blessed the Lord, they obey His commandments. Beloved, let us think about this, that the Angels bless the Lord, how much more of we that he created in His image, likeness, even above the Angel’s. We are created to bring praise, worship, and glory to God; created to do His will.
Let us ponder on these few questions, by asking yourself
- Do my life bring glory to God, or my life is a reproach to God?
- Do, I worship God in spirit and truth?
- Am I doing the will of God at all times, or am I in the will of God for my life?
- Is my life a blessing or a curse?
- Am I a true Christian or a churchgoer?
- Are you a praise singer, but your songs do not bring glory to God?
- Do I obey the word of God or the flesh and its lust thereof?
- Does, my worship becomes a sweet-smelling fragrance or a bad odor in the nose of God?
- Do I worship God with all that I have (body, soul, spirit, substance, and time)?
- Do I worship God for men’s acceptance or for a reward?
- Is God happy and please with me at all?
- Do I live a holy life – for without holiness no worship is acceptable unto God?
Beloved, I counsel you today to live an obedient life, because it brings unprecedented testimonies to man. Let your life (void of sin – lies, hypocrisy, bitterness, anger, lust, evil and wickedness, etc) be a reflection of a true worshiper who worships in Spirit and truth.
- Every sin in my life, making my worship unacceptable unto God, be washed away by the blood of Jesus.
- O Lord, teach me to worship You in Spirit and in Truth?
- O Lord, bless, and make me a blessing in Jesus’s name.
Remain to bless as you bring quality and quantitative worship unto God